Oh boy! If ever a reminder was needed as to why to keep up healthy habits during the holidays...this is it.
- Drinking loads of water has had a positive effect on my skin. It's clear. It looks moisturized (before using moisturizer). Some might even say it has a glow.
- My hair is super duper healthy looking. Granted my hair has always been on the healthier side, but it looks strong, is growing well (even with this colder weather), has a smoothness to it, and is not breaking. This is even for the portions of my hair that have been colored and highlighted.
- My clothes don't fit me. And that's a good thing. Healthy habits have helped me lose 18 pounds, and well over 15 inches. This has really made clothes fit better and have forced me to even buy a couple of new ones.
- I feel good. Physically and mentally. There is something to be said about regular exercise. It truly does release negative energy; clears your head. Gets you prepared for the day. Not to mention it makes you feel strong. Of course what you eat matters. If I eat garbage (aka processed foods) I feel like garbage; my stomach hurts and I get into a foul mood to match the foul food.
- I sleep well. Healthy food and regular exercise helps with this. But so does making sure that I get off of the computer at a decent hour, with enough time for my mind to quiet down before going to bed. It also helps to make sure I pay attention to my body. If I'm tired its time for me to go to bed ir take a nap.
I know it's not as easy as it seems. I have struggled with weight my entire life. However, having spent some time experiencing the benefits if living healthy I know the positive effects. They are worth more than the short term celebratory binging.