- Know what is important to you, in as specific terms as possible, & WHY it is important to you.
- Use those beliefs to develop your ideal classroom; in classroom arrangement & instruction.
- Have confidence that you are capable of doing what needs to get done. You CAN create your ideal classroom.
- Reflect on the good, the bad, AND the ugly. We learn a lot when we think about why something did not work.
- SHARE. Share with colleagues, peers, administrators, parents, & the community.
- Be bold, fearless, & thoughtful. Try something new, but make sure there is purpose to it.
- It never hurts to ask. The worst someone can say is no. No is an opportunity to create an alternative way to meet your desired outcome(s).
- Remember why you teach.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Be the Change
How do we create change? BE the change we want to see. Much easier to say it than to do it. But...between what I've read (so far) this summer and conversations on Twitter (#edchat) I think there is a way.